5 Reasons Why Facebook Chose Utah
(And You Should, Too)
1. Utah already has a booming tech industry.Home to more than 6,500 tech business establishments, this tech base makes it an ideal place for those looking to set up new businesses. CompTIA has reported that 8.6 percent of the state’s overall employment is in the tech industry, and that from 2016 to 2017, Utah saw a 42 percent jump in the number of tech-related jobs, including jobs related to the internet of things, virtual reality, smart cities, drones,and artificial intelligence.Reflecting the state’s growing status in the tech industry is the fact that the globally recognized Silicon Slopes Tech Summit is held in Salt Lake City every year.Businesses like Adobe and Overstock.com boast beautiful offices, with scenic views of the surrounding mountains. Earlier this year, Adobe expanded its space and nearly doubled its number of employees in Silicon Slopes. An incentive, Adobe vice president Jonathan Francom told the local Fox News affiliate, was Utah’s “highly educated, talented workforce.”
2. Utah has a low cost of living & partners nicely with high tech salaries.On top of a booming tech industry, Utah also offers a low cost of living to go with all those high tech salaries.
3. Utah is just like Silicon Valley … only less crowded.If you and your employees are fed up with California’s raffic congestion and crowds, Utah may be the perfect solution. The state has a smaller population of approximately 3 million people overall, compared to California’s 39.5 million people.What that means, of course, is fewer crowds, less traffic and more housing availability. But the good part is that fewer people doesn’t mean fewer things to do.
4. Don’t forget the after-work fun.Salt Lake City and Park City are the hubs of night life. Consider Salt Lake: Whether you like attending summer concerts, getting a drink at a bar on Main Street, shopping at the farmers market or ice skating at Gallivan Plaza, there’s always something happening in downtown Salt Lake.The city also hosts annual events like the Pride Parade and the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention. Park City, just 40 minutes away, is home to the world-famous Sundance Film Festival every year. So, there’s no shortage of things for employers and employees to enjoy after work hours and on weekends.
5. Remember to get outdoors.If you want to get outdoors, a large number of hiking opportunities can be found within a 10-minute drive of downtown Salt Lake City. The Uinta and Wasatch mountain ranges provide the perfect setting for hiking, mountain biking, fishing and camping.Utah, of course, has some of the top ski resorts in the world, including Alta, Snowbird and Park City resort. In particular, a visit to Olympic Park in Park City boasts multiple fun activities, including bobsledding. If you want to experience the greatest snow on Earth, you can hit the slopes after work; and access is easy.There are also more than five national parks within a half-day’s drive. Utah’s “Mighty Five” include Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef and Canyonlands, located a short drive from Silicon Slopes and home to some of the world’s most unique rock formations.If you enjoy beautiful views, staying fit or being in the outdoors, Utah is the perfect fit.Related: Thinking of Moving Your Company? Think Fly-Over States. Overall, the state has a lot to offer both companies and employees — and, honestly, no one’s paying me to say that. With a booming tech industry that’s still expanding, fun recreational activities for after-work hours, its great salary-to-cost-of-living ratio and its availability of affordable housing, Utah is ideal for businesses and employees thinking about following in Facebook’s footsteps to Silicon Slopes.
#mcm #wcw #utahhomesforsale #openhouse #homebuying #utahluxuryhomes #buyahome #homebuyer #utahrealestate #utahrealtor #no1realestateagent #homesforsaleinutah #bestrealtor #skiutah #utahlistings #mlslistings #skiutah #funthingstodoinutah #relocatetoutah #thegreatestsnowonearth #utahskiresorts #worldclassskiresorts #utaheconomy #utahinvestments #stagingyourhome #villasatdimpledell #searchutahhomes #luxuryhomesforsaleinutah #mainfloormaster #homesforsaleinsandyUT #homesforsaleinpepperwood #searchutahhomes #slcvacations #slcdestinations #utahhousingmarket #slchousingmarket #hometrends #luxuryhomes #modernhomes #openfloorplans #relocate #relocation