15 Most Beautiful States in the US & Why they made the list
We started with 25 states but then it seemed like if I was going to nominate roughly 50% of American states as the most beautiful states in the US we really weren’t making the hard choices.
We also wanted to share with you what makes these the most beautiful states in the US. Specifically, what are the places – lakes, UNESCO world heritage sites, national parks, man-made creations etc – that make these states so very beautiful. Hopefully, this will help you decide if these beautiful states have earned a position in your travel bucket list ideas.
1. UtahIf you like red rocks and sandstone against blazing blue skies then Utah is the state for you. Home to some of the most magnificent and unique national parks in the United States, Utah is filled with beautiful places that you won’t forget. Monument Valley – the sandstone formations of Monument Valley reach up to 1,000 feet tall. Hike, drive, or jump on a horse to experience this iconic landmark.
- Bryce Canyon – home to the hoodoos! Hoodoos are quirky rock formats that have been created by weathering and erosion. The combination of this provides unique rock formations. Plus Bryce Canyon is even beautiful at night. As there is very little local light you’ll get some phenomenal starry skies.
- Arches National Park – home to over 2,000 natural stone arches plus some other attractive rock formations. More rich red stone and lots of bright blue sky.
- Red Cliffs – 45,000 acres of red sandstone cliffs that often tower against the blue sky.
- Zion National Park – Utah’s first national park, this park is filled with multi-colored sandstone cliffs and some desert wildlife.
- Buckskin Gulch – the world’s longest slot canyon, Buckskin Gulch is full of narrow and twisting corridors of red stone.
- Canyonlands National Park – rock formats and canyons made from the Colorado River over millions of years.
- Dead Horse Point – a collection of lookout points around part of the Colorado River. This site was originally used by cowboys as a corral. Unfortunately, the poor horses often died from exposure thus the name. Luckily, this is no longer the case today where it just offers amazing views over the Colorado River and the Canyonlands. And this is where the final scenes were shot for the film “Thelma and Louise”.
- Toquerville Falls, LaVerkin Creek – multiple crystal clear waterfalls against deep red sandstone ledges. LaVerkin creek isn’t far from Zion National Park so head here for a swim after a dusty day of hiking or on horseback.
- Lake Powell – a man-made reservoir that has over 2 million visitors a year. This incredible blue lake is the perfect contrast to the red sandstone. Rainbow Bridge National Monument is nearby.
Linda Secrist & Associates is the top selling team in luxury homes in the SLC Market. They have received countless awards over the past 20 years, including “Sales Team of The Year” for over 10 years including 2019! Linda Secrist is #54 in the top 100 Agents in the World in luxury residential real estate. If you’re searching for homes in Sandy, Salt Lake, Cottonwood Heights, Millcreek, Draper, South Jordan, Bountiful, Centerville, Farmington or anywhere in northern Utah, Linda Secrist & Associates are the real estate agents to call. If you’re buying or selling a home, don’t hesitate to text or call us at 801-455-9999!