The Best Breeds for First-Time Homeowners
If you’re a first-time homeowner, the odds are good you will soon be ready for the fun and responsibility of owning your first dog.
- There’s a reason these dogs are among the most popular breeds in the country. Known to be loyal, intelligent, obedient, and easy to train, they are deservedly a top choice, especially if you have, or plan to have children.
German short-haired pointer.
- These favorites are also low maintenance dogs that are easy to train. However, they’re also very active and require a lot of exercise to stay healthy, so they’re a good choice for active owners.
- Intelligent and playful companions who like their exercise and don’t require a lot of grooming. If you enjoy long neighborhood walks, these dogs will make the perfect companion.
- These loyal, intelligent pups are popular favorites among first-time pet owners because they’re loving, obedient, and great around children.
- Originally a Hungarian sporting dog, Vizslas are great exercise companions who are affectionate, friendly, and easy to train—and they don’t shed much.
- Like Vizslas, these sleek dogs are a loyal, low-maintenance, easy-to-train breed, but they tend to be shy around children and other dogs.
- If you’re a couch potato, a Boston terrier may suit you well. These pups are friendly and loyal. They don’t require a lot of exercise, and they won’t shed much on your couch.
Australian cattle dog.
- If you’re into cuddling, this breed will greet you with open arms at the end of a long day. They’re a wonderful first dog, easy to train, although they do enjoy regular exercise and require regular grooming.
- These dogs are active but very obedient, and are especially adorable as puppies. They rarely shed and training them is usually easy and fun.
- These fluffy, adorable little dogs of the Bichon type are one of the most loving and sociable breeds. They may take a little more time to train, but their cheerful demeanor will turn first-time pet owners into dog owners for life.
Linda Secrist & Associates is the top selling team in luxury homes in the SLC Market. They have received countless awards over the past 20 years, including “Sales Team of The Year” for over 10 years including 2019! Linda Secrist is #54 in the top 100 Agents in the World in luxury residential real estate. If you’re searching for homes in Sandy, Salt Lake, Cottonwood Heights, Millcreek, Draper, South Jordan, Bountiful, Centerville, Farmington or anywhere in northern Utah, Linda Secrist & Associates are the real estate agents to call. If you’re buying or selling a home, don’t hesitate to text or call us at 801-455-9999!